In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with anything chocolate and peanut butter. I could live off the combo and have loved it since I was a little girl! These peanut butter cups are so ridiculously easy! Just three ingredients to make the best and simplest peanut butter cups!
What you need to make peanut butter cups + substitutions:
- Chocolate Chips- You can use whatever you prefer. Dark, milk, semi-sweet, a mix, up to you!
- Ghee- I love using ghee for the rich and delicious flavor it adds. You can use butter or coconut oil.
- Peanut butter- Obviously the classic is peanut butter. I love using chunky, but creamy is great too! I prefer peanut butter with just peanuts and sea salt, but any kind works. You can also substitute with any kind of nut/ seed butter.
Tips for making peanut butter cups:
- Use silicone baking liners- I love these ones that I got on Amazon. They’re the best for reusing!
- Regular sized vs mini sized- I love giant, thick peanut butter cups but you can easily make 24 mini cups as well.
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy friends!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
- Muffin Tin
- Small Saucepan
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring Cup
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- Line a regular sized muffin tin with 12 liners. On the stovetop or in the microwave, heat the chocolate and ghee until melted together.
- Pour a small layer of chocolate on the bottom of each liner and push up the sides a little bit so it will close in the peanut butter.
- Freeze for 5-10 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Top each cup with about 1 tbsp peanut butter.
- Lastly, cover each cup with more chocolate.
- Place them in the freezer for at least 20-30 minutes until the chocolate hardens.